lucene-general mailing list archives

From Pedro Bezunartea López <pe...@bezunartea.net>
Subject search a nutch generated index with lucene: no segments* file found in org.apache.lucene.store...
Date Sun, 14 Feb 2010 17:22:56 GMT
Hi!

I've generated an index with nutch-1.0 of a web site I need to add search
functionality to. I can open the index with Luke just fine, and it informs
me that the index format is lucene 2.4 (-7).

I created a small java app to test simple searches from the command line,
using lucene-2.9.1:
    Directory dir = FSDirectory.open(new File("/path/to/index/directory"));
    IndexSearcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(dir);

I get the following exception:
Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: no segments* file
found in org.apache.lucene.store.NIOFSDirectory@/path/to/index/directory:
files:
    at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos$FindSegmentsFile.run(SegmentInfos.java:655)

Any ideas? I can open the index fine with Luke 2.9 and 3.0. TIA,

Pedro.