lucene-general mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Factor out a standalone, shared analysis package for Nutch/Solr/Lucene?
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 19:36:45 GMT
This would have been a huge benefit to me about a year ago.  We had to have
clustering (katta provided that), but we also really wanted many features
that SOLR has.  In the end, we went with clustering for scale and stability
and rewrote/backported/punted on many of the other features.

But this is a monumental ambition.  I congratulate Yonik for imagining it.
I would love to see it.  It will be very difficult, however.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve