lucene-general mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: Factor out a standalone, shared analysis package for Nutch/Solr/Lucene?
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 22:20:27 GMT
On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 5:15 PM, Steven A Rowe <sarowe@syr.edu> wrote:
> On 02/24/2010 at 2:20 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:
>> I've started to think that a merge of Solr and Lucene would be in the
>> best interest of both projects.
>
> The Sorlucene :) merger could be achieved virtually, i.e. via policy, rather than physically
merging:

Everything is virtual here anyway :-)
I agree with Mike that a single dev list is highly desirable.  There
would still be separate downloads.  What to do with some of the other
stuff is unspecified.

Committers would need to be merged though - that's the only way to
make a change across projects w/o breaking stuff.

-Yonik