lucene-general mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Factor out a standalone, shared analysis package for Nutch/Solr/Lucene?
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 16:32:37 GMT
I think, in order to stop duplicating our analysis code across
Nutch/Solr/Lucene, we should separate out the analyzers into a
standalone package, and maybe as its own sub-project under the Lucene
tlp?

The goal would be eventually to have a single source for all our
analysis needs, and for all Lucene projects to eventually cutover to
this source (deprecating their current analysis code).

We could also at this time fix some of the known problems in the
analysis APIs, eg that the Analyzer base class confusingly exposes
both non-reuse and reuse APIs, that not all Analyzers are final, etc.

What do people think...?

Mike