lucene-general mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: query about Query.ToString()
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 15:33:04 GMT
Aaron Schon wrote:
> Hi all, I know that persisting a Lucene query by query ToString() method. Is there any
way of reconstructing the query from the string itself?
> The usecase is that I will be storing a library of queries as strings and load the appropriate
query (from the string) based on some conditions.

> Is this possible?

For some queries its possible - the docs for Query say impls should
attempt to be parsable by the QueryParser - but in practice it's not
always the case. So you can't reallly count on it across the board.

By the way, these questions are best sent to java-user rather than general.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com