lucene-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Rothman <n...@lechill.com>
Subject RE: Wildcard searches????
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 17:09:49 GMT
Hi Ted and thanks for all your efforts.
Listen im a little bit lost here trying to understand what you are trying to tell me :-)

1. I Store my useragents in a field that is tokenized.
2. Then when I search, you are saying that I should "scan" down the matches via a SOLR function,
or what?
Are you referring to these functions in SOLR?

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FunctionQuery

Sorry for not grasping immmediatley!

Regards Niclas

-----Original Message-----
From: Ted Dunning [mailto:ted.dunning@gmail.com]
Sent: 05 February 2010 17:44
To: general@lucene.apache.org
Cc: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Wildcard searches????

Tokenize your user agent strings, then store the tokenized form separately
from the wild card.  At retrieval time, scan down the matches and apply the
wildcard from each document to your original query.  The SOLR function query
might be useful for this as would be a custom hit collector.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve