lucene-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Rothman <n...@lechill.com>
Subject Wildcard searches????
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 15:57:48 GMT
Hi there, i facing a problem and would like to ask the community for some help.

In my index I store browser  useragent values as "wildcarded" / partial,  which should be
understood that an indexed document
should only be shown to end users if his browsers useragent matches a wildcared usereragent
in my document.

So what I have Is actually a "reversed" matching, the wildcards are in my document and NOT
in my actual query.
Does anyone know if this "setup" Is possible, e.g. to execute a query in style with:

useragents: "Mozilla/4.0+SonyEricssonC905v/R1DE+Browser/NetFront/3.4+Profile/MIDP-2.1+Configuration/CLDC-1.1+JavaPlatform/JP-8.4.1+UP.Link/6.3.1.20.0"

In this example I would have a hit because Mozilla/4.0* matches the useragent.

<doc>
<useragents>
                Firefox*
                Mozilla/4.0*