lucene-general mailing list archives

From jmariette <Jerome.Marie...@toulouse.inra.fr>
Subject PyLucene lucene.JavaError: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 08:53:30 GMT

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to index multiple files using PyLucene. The index is working
pretty well,
so does the optimization but when I try to requet it, I get the following
error :
   lucene.JavaError: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

I have several files to index, and in this files I have several cards to
So I iter throught all of the files and I do a "doc.add" for each cards I
want
to index. What leads to the creation of 1 unique index files.

Considering, I don't catch this error with smaller files, I was thinking
that
there is a way to have a smaller files as result ? Maybe multiple index
files,
which would all be considered when requesting the index ?

Thanks for your help,
Jerome