lucene-general mailing list archives

From Paul Elschot <paul.elsc...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: A Question About Lucene
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 08:57:59 GMT
Mohammed,

I don't know whether it qualifies as major, but the change
to the Filter API to become independent of Java's BitSet was not small.
For this purpose a new superclass of Scorer was introduced.

The corresponding patches are the ones from Feb 2008 at LUCENE-584,
see http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-584 .
In case you would need the revision numbers, please have a look at the
svn history for this issue, for example by starting at the history of the
Filter class.

Some functional enhancements that have been done after this change
are the introduction of filters based on smaller and larger data structures
than BitSet (for example based on the FieldCache), and improvements
to the caching of filters.

I think your question would also be good for the java-dev mailing list.

Could you inform us of your research results?

Regards,
Paul Elschot