lucene-general mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene PMC += Mark Miller
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2010 19:03:55 GMT
Almost everything Apache related is done in the open.  Even release votes
where the PMC votes are binding and other votes not are in the open.  The
only difference is in the counting.

The only significant thing that I have seen that is not entirely open is
voting on new PMC members.

The entire process is very transparent and very refreshing.  It is also
quite surprising and encouraging how well it works with so little mechanism.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve