lucene-general mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene vs Sphinx
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2010 16:57:57 GMT
SOLR is an excellent ready to run solution as Grant suggests.

Katta is another alternative for searching very large data sets.  I know
that some are searching a corpus of roughly a billion documents using Katta.

Katta is not out of the box ready to run the way that SOLR is and Katta will
scale to much larger collections, but SOLR itself will do a very decent job
of scaling.  There is even a SOLR plugin to allow SOLR to search using a
Katta cluster.