lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Certified Distribution for Solr with free Solr Reference Guide
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2010 20:08:07 GMT

On Jan 8, 2010, at 3:03 PM, Jonas Bosson wrote:

>> Being all about the open source myself, why would I want to use it?  The advantage
to me personally include the pre-configured features such as clustering (which doesn't come
fully functional with Solr itself due to Apache licensing restrictions) and, of course, my
baby Solritas as a starter search UI view.

> Please explain what licensing part you cant publish under.

Some of the Carrot2 dependencies are LGPL.  Solr provides a mechanism for downloading them,
but they aren't in the Apache distribution for legal reasons.

-Grant