lucene-general mailing list archives

From Shashi Kant <sk...@sloan.mit.edu>
Subject Re: general question for web search
Date Sun, 03 Jan 2010 03:29:25 GMT
Todd, it is not entirely clear what "error" you are getting, please
provide specifics on the actual error. If the folder on the share is
accessible then there shouldn't be any issue. Also it  might be worth
the while to mention was OS you are running on (both the indexing
machine and the share).

To your second question, in Windows you can monitor a folder for
changes (such as file adds, updates, deletes ) using the
FileSystemWatcher. Here is an example in C#:
http://ggaben-developer.blogspot.com/2008/02/filesystemwatcher-monitor-for-file.html.
Once an event is triggered you can add/update the index accordingly.

Hope that helps.