lucene-general mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene PMC += Mark Miller
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2010 17:16:30 GMT
Well, the biggest perk is that I can finally get a Hudson account, in
what may be the weirdest Apache rule I have come across.

The main other stuff: the PMC votes in new committers and their votes
are binding for releases.

You can read about the PMC here: http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html

Jason Rutherglen wrote:
> Congrats Mark!  Umm... Though what's the difference between PMC and
> what Mark was?  What do the PMC people do?  Are their term limits?
> (Just curious, seems like most people understand what's going on).
>
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 7:37 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I'm pleased to announce the Lucene PMC has elected to add Mark Miller to its ranks
in recognition of his longstanding contributions to the Lucene community as a committer on
both Lucene Java and Solr.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com