lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Todd McIndoo" <tmcin...@speedyscan.biz>
Subject general question for web search
Date Sat, 02 Jan 2010 19:41:06 GMT
We are using Lucene.net of the version 2.0.0.4 for the purpose of searching
a document using words which are inside pdf, word etc documents. Now for
that we need to index the folder in which the document is present and then
search using index. We are facing a very strange problem when we try to do
above things on network path.

We are facing problem when we try to do indexing on network path. By saying
network path what I means is, I have an application running on one system
and I want to do indexing on the folder, which is present on another system
but has been shared and given all necessary permission to access it. Now
when my application, which is at FirstSystem, tries to index shared folder
on another system it is facing error at the time of indexing. One more thing
to note here is I am creating Index folder in the same machine where my
appliaction has been installed not in the shared folder.

So question is, How to do indexing on the network folder?

Now second problem; Is there a way to do autoindexing for the newly created
file in the preconfigured folder(s)? The meaning is, I don't want an user to
do indexing each time after he uploads / creates a new document. There
should be a mechanism so that if i configured any folder, indexing should
happen automatically for each newly created / deleted or updated file.

Thank you - Todd