lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Get all document ids from a search.
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 14:14:41 GMT

On Dec 15, 2009, at 3:42 AM, Niclas Rothman wrote:

> Hi there and many thanks for your reply, really appreciated.
>
> Yes, the solution is a little bit far out but unfortunately I can't really change the
requirements.
> The thing is that the customer requires the search results to be ordered by its conversion
rate, a number telling how good these objects
> Are performing from a sales perspective.

How often do these change?  I'd likely do this via a FunctionQuery (in Solr, but easy enough
to do in Lucene too)

> I started out to have everything in the database but soon I realized that it
> Is quite naïve to think that I could write something just in the near of Lucene, so
I have ended with a solution were data resides in two different places, Lucene and in the
database...
> The result set I expect from various queries will be at top 200 objects which for me
which are new to Lucene having hard to validate if it is many or few, I guess this is a very
little result set, correct?
> Is there any way in Lucene to write something similar to an IComparer interface, where
I could write my custom sorting rules?

Yes.  See the Sort object and its underpinnings.

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

Search the Lucene ecosystem (Lucene/Solr/Nutch/Mahout/Tika/Droids) using Solr/Lucene:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search