lucene-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Rothman <n...@lechill.com>
Subject Get all document ids from a search.
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2009 23:00:34 GMT
Hi there,
Perhaps this is far out but I need to get some advice on the following problem.

We use Lucene what it is really good to, to find documents by "relevance".
After a search have been done and I have the hits in my hands, I need to do some heavy sorting
on this list where the data about sorting is stored in the database, not in the lucene index.
Therefore I need to get all document ids for a search so I can fetch the needed data from
the database and afterwards apply my custom sorting.

How can I get from a search all document ids?
Can this be done with ok performance?

I have been wondering if could do the sorting in lucene but I don't feel comfortable at all
because of lacking information / documentation.
Also, the sorting should preferable be don Just in time, that is, the underlying data for
sorting changes constantly and I cant reindex as soon as sorting data changes.

Any idea / suggestions?

Niclas