lucene-general mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Not Throwing Matches Without Spaces
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:09:25 GMT
Nishu,

first you should send this question to java-users not to general :)
When you index a doc the the content "mighty duck" your TokenStream
most likely builds two tokens t1:"mighty" t2:"duck"
the same happens (most likely) when you search for "mighty duck" with
the QueryParser so the query will be a boolean TermQuery("mighty") OR
TermQuery("duck"). This will retrieve your document. If you search for
"mightyduck" the query will only have one boolean clause (actually
none, its just a term query) with TermQuery("mightyduck"). Lucene will
not find any matches as this term is not in the index.

Hope that helps for understanding what is going on.

simon