lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Lucene Java 3.0.0 (take #2)
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 09:46:27 GMT
I would really not see this as a real test failure. The test assumes that a
compound file index is slower during indexing, which is normally so. But
maybe the scheduler of your O/S did something strange at the time the test
ran and made it take longer to index without compound file. Is it
reproducible?

In my opinion, the test is invalid, it just shows something that happens
most of the time, but asserting it is wrong.

I looked at the Java Version of the test:
http://java.codefetch.com/example/in/LuceneInAction/src/lia/indexing/Compoun
dVersusMultiFileIndexTest.java

Uwe

-----