lucene-general mailing list archives

From diego.cassin...@mercadolibre.com
Subject Re: how to Index only newly added documents?
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 12:34:28 GMT
The api a"lows you to add documents to an index.  However it does not have any functionality
to detect which ones are new or changed.  Regardless, this is some what a trivial thing to
do.  Just write a index app that reads the file names from standard input. On a linux shell
use find or ls and pipe the result to your app.

Diego
------Original Message------
From: tarunsapra
To: general@lucene.apache.org
ReplyTo: general@lucene.apache.org
Subject: how to Index only newly added documents?
Sent: Nov 3, 2009 9:06 AM

Hi People,

I am stuck with a problem ,i have a resources directory in which i have lot
of documents , my java programs picks up documents from this directory, is
there a way using lucene APIs to recognize documents that have already been
indexed and thus filter then out and use only newly added documents.

Thanks
Tarun