lucene-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release 0.2
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 11:07:10 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 10:58 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing the artifacts at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemahout-002/org/apache/mahout/

+1 to release

> Things to do before voting:
>
> 1. Download and verify signatures on all the artifacts.

I verified the checksums and signature on mahout-0.2-project.tar.bz2
and a few other artifacts. I trust that the others are also OK.

> 2. Try out the tests, examples, etc.

Ran mvn install (Maven 2.2.1, Java 1.6.0, Linux) without problems.

> 3. Try it out in any apps that you have.

None yet. :-(

> 4. See the Apache pages on releases and see what else I'm missing.

The following files should probably come with the Apache license header:

  core/pom.xml
  core/src/main/java/overview.html
  core/src/main/java/org/apache/mahout/df/data/DescriptorUtils.java
  core/src/test/java/org/apache/mahout/df/mapred/partial/Step1MapperTest.java
  core/src/test/java/org/apache/mahout/df/mapreduce/partial/Step1MapperTest.java
  examples/pom.xml
  examples/bin/lda.algorithm
  examples/src/main/java/overview.html
  examples/src/main/java/org/apache/mahout/cf/taste/example/TasteOptionParser.java
  taste-web/pom.xml
  taste-web/recommender.properties
  utils/pom.xml

Not a blocker for the release, just something to fix for future releases.

> 5. Others?

Verified that the mahout-0.2-project.tar.bz2 package matches the
contents of the mahout-0.2 tag in svn.

BR,

Jukka Zitting