lucene-general mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Concurrency Concern
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 00:59:55 GMT
A search will be applied to one IndexSearcher or the other.  As such, a user
will see the new content or not with no intermediate possibilities.

If you are careful about synchronizing access to the shared searcher, then
you should have commit-like semantics with all users not seeing updates
until all users see all updates.

Why do you not want to use incremental update?  You are essentially
replicating the basic idea.  Why not use the real deal that people have
worked to make really work right?

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve