lucene-general mailing list archives

From RB3 <rbhaska...@sezmi.com>
Subject Lucene Concurrency Concern
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 23:42:07 GMT

Currently I am dealing with a small dataset (a few thousands). Instead of
updating the index(file based), I am creating a new file index with a
another name when data changes. And whenever I rebuild the index in the new
file, I make the Indexsearcher to point to this new file instead of the old
index file.
Now in a multiuser environment, how would this behave if one user is
searching something and at the same time, a new index is built and the
searcher now refers to this new index ?

Also is this the right way to implement if I don't want to use incremental
update.