lucene-general mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: Board Report Due
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 01:37:15 GMT
On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 02:27:50PM -0400, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> Sounds good, just shorten that up a bit for the report.  See the other
> reports for language style, etc.
>
> Something to the effect of:
>
> Lucy is a loose C port of Lucene for XXXXX.  Progress has been made on
> designing/implementing the various
> interfaces.

I attempted to check in this modification...

    Lucy is a loose C port of Lucene targeted at dynamic language bindings.
    The pace of development has picked up this year, and a significant
    milestone was achieved with the completion of the core object model.  We
    are working agressively towards alpha release.

However, the commit failed, I believe because I don't have commit rights to
that subdirectory.

> And maybe, if you have them, some thoughts on efforts to bring in more
> contributors/community.

My take on this is: if we build it, they will come.  I think it will be
challenging to attract developers until we have a real release -- so to expand
the community, we should work to make that release as soon as we can.

Marvin Humphrey