lucene-general mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: how is the fieldNorm factor computed from?
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 09:59:08 GMT
On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 10:35 AM, leibniz<se3g2011@gmail.com> wrote:

> i saw someone said that this fieldNor factor is consisted out of :docboost
> ,fieldboost and lengthNorm.
> but i tried to computed like this,but the result is not the same as lucene's
> output.
The factors you use seem to be correct (see link below). I could
imagine that you use different float values than the ones used in the
scoring process. Lucene stores norm values as a 1 byte float value
this will suffer from precision lost once the values are stored. Could
that cause the differences?

> who can tell me in detail?thanks.
You find the details for computing the norm value here:
http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_4_1/api/core/org/apache/lucene/search/Similarity.html#formula_norm

simon