lucene-general mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: [ACUS09] IMPORTANT SPEAKER CONFIRMATION MESSAGE
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 17:54:21 GMT

: 14:30 - 15:20 Session 3: Solr out of the Box (Hoss)

confirmed: will be there.

: Backup Talks:
: Solr Beyond the Box (Hoss)

confirmed: can have this ready if neccessary (need ~week notice, more if
people wnat it to be really good)

Related question...

I know the deadline for finalizing the speaker's list is eminent, but does
anyone know what the deadline is for tweaking session titles/abstracts?

Given that we have a genuine Lucene "track" this year, and an intro talk
that will spend 5 minutes telling people about each project, I'd like to
alter my OOTB proposal to be more focused on the "trial by fire" demo part
(previously at the end) and less on the "what is solr" part -- becuase at
this stage in Solr's evolution i'm less concerned baout people wandering
into the session with no idea what Solr is.  But i haven't had time to
really think it through to figure out what the new abstract should be, so
i'm wondering how longi have to figure it out before i'm stuck with what
was on the CFP (because of printed schedules, etc...)

	?

-Hoss