lucene-general mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: [ACUS09] Proposed Schedule
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 16:24:15 GMT

: Meetups, to me, thrive on the group discussion, splitting it up just means the
: meetup is just another conference session, in my mind.  Plus, I'd hate to have
: to choose which one to go to.

Right - but the crux of a meetup is also that they be less formal, and
go with the flow/vibe of the group.

If 3x as many people as we plan for then it's going to be hard to have one
group iscussion, and everyone will be cramped and crowded; so it might
make sense to split up.  (If 3 people show up then it might make sense to
scrap any concept of "presentations" and all just go out for a beer, but
i'm guessing we're more likely to have a "too many" people problem then we
are to have a "too few" people problem)

-Hoss