lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Boolean query with 50,000 clauses! Possible? Scalable?
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2009 16:39:51 GMT
> If so, how does Lucene handle the case where a book has several authors,
> each with a name, a weight, etc..
> How does one keep them "in sync", so that if I search for books that
> have an author with first name "Robert" and who weighs more than 100 Kg,
> I do not hit the ones that have a combination like this :
> author #1 : Einstein, Albert, 101 Kg
> author #2 : McNamara, Robert, 075 Kg

This is not so simple using this approach. You can only do it with one
combined field containing the author and weight, but then you cannot use
NumericRangeQuery and must write more complicated queries by adding a
PositionIncrement/Offset to the terms created and correlate the author and
weight using this in a SpanQuery.

But I understood the question different:
"I want a
query that gives every book document authored by people weighing more than
200lbs, with the ability of doing faceting and the likes."

In this case it is irrelevant which author weights the 200 lbs, there must
be only one, so a NumericRange line
NumericRangeQuery.newFloatRange(field,200.0f,null,true,true) would do it.

Uwe