lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: [ACUS09] Proposed Schedule
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 20:53:27 GMT
Grant,

> Since the geo talk is up in the air, perhaps you'd like to do a
> generic talk on geo search using Lucene.  This would cover Trie +
> contrib/spatial.

Maybe Ryan is also there, and then we can do it together. But I could talk
about it, too (I should prepare some examples before and try to completely
understand LocalLucene). The Solr part is nothing for me, I do more hardcore
Lucene.

NumericRangeQuery is not only geographical search... So it would also cover
other directions: Things I can do with Lucene additionally to full text
search, that could be done before only with RDBMS and/or PostGIS...: Do full
text search with scoring and so on in addition to filter my products by
price and availability in shops at specific geographic regions; newspaper
articles about Arnold and national bankruptcy *g* from a datetime range
sorted by article size,... (we know all possibilities we have now by
numeric/geo search).

Uwe