lucene-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Tika 0.4 Release Candidate 2
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2009 14:04:45 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 6:45 AM, Mattmann, Chris
A<chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing these packages as Apache Tika 0.4.

[x] +1 Release the packages as Apache Tika 0.4.

Build and tests OK on Maven 2.2.0 / Sun Java 1.6.0_07 / Fedora Core 9.
Checksum (MD5: 368618df671ad6e9bf0f7f33843a3cd0) and signature OK.
Sources match tika/branches/0.4 as of revision 794268.

Some comments (none blocking):

* It would be good to have also a SHA1 checksum
(ad04d3e02be57a51b5f446c4f921d9280e5b11b9) of the release archive.

* As mentioned by Grant, it would be good to have you included in the
Apache Web of Trust. See
http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html#link-into-wot for
details. Meanwhile, see below for my signature of the release archive.
You can append it to the .asc file.

* Please drop the tika-app and tika-reactor directories from the
staged Maven repository before copying them over to
m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository. The licensing issues with the PDFBox
dependency make me prefer not to publish the pre-built tika-app jar,
and tika-reactor is of no use to any downstream project.

* It would be nice to have the release sources tagged in svn. Even if
you plan to create the final 0.4 tag only after the vote passes, it
would be good to have a tag like 0.4-rc2 for this candidate.

* I'd prefer if the next release was packaged as a source jar instead
of a tarball. We've seen a number of issues with people having trouble
unpacking the tarballs on windows.

BR,

Jukka Zitting