lucene-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ACUS09] Proposed Schedule
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 10:13:01 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 4:26 PM, Jukka Zitting<jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Grant Ingersoll<gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
>> Here is a _proposed_ schedule for ACUS '09.
>
> Looks good on a quick glance.

I'm +1 to going with the schedule as proposed.

Some minor tweaks:

* Some of the session titles are a bit long, making it hard to grasp
the topic on a quick glance. Ideally all the titles would be seven
words max. We can push more detailed descriptions to the talk summary.

* The meetup schedule seems pretty heavy with four 30 min
presentations. I'd either squeeze them to 15 minutes each or split
them to two parallel tracks (we can get two smaller rooms for the
meetup) to leave more time for lightning talks and general discussion.

>> The Meetup is free and is at night (likely Tuesday) and has always
>> been well attended.
>
> We'll want to reserve the space for the meetup soon, as there's only a
> limited number of rooms available per evening. I'll ping the
> conference planners about this.

I've reserved meetup space for us for Tuesday evening. Based on ACEU I
gave a rough estimate of up to a hundred people attending.

BR,

Jukka Zitting