lucene-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ACUS09] Proposed Schedule
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:26:26 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Grant Ingersoll<gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
> Here is a _proposed_ schedule for ACUS '09.

Looks good on a quick glance. And thanks a lot for pushing this forward!

> For better or worse, the talks are weighted towards Lucene and Solr,
> as those two projects have the most mailing list traffic, etc. and I feel
> that is where most interest is going to be.

+1

> The Meetup is free and is at night (likely Tuesday) and has always
> been well attended.

We'll want to reserve the space for the meetup soon, as there's only a
limited number of rooms available per evening. I'll ping the
conference planners about this.

> Maybe just a bulletin board where people can post or a designated
> spot during breaks for people to meetup and have a networking
> opportunity.  Thoughts?  Is this worth formalizing?

I'm setting up a "Meet the developers" corner [1] for the Content
Technology track with the purpose of helping people hook up with each
other. We can use the corner also for Lucene and I think including a
"job fair" component to it would be a good idea.

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-community/200905.mbox/%3C510143ac0905241607q71f65eacudcc7b556894a8a1c@mail.gmail.com%3E

BR,

Jukka Zitting