lucene-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon Speakers
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 13:55:09 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 3:09 PM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> I am a little bit confused: I thought the call for papers/talks is over?

Yes, the CFP has ended and we (currently just me and Grant) have all
the submissions.

However, we do have quite a bit of freedom in planning the Lucene
track, so we can look beyond the CFP submissions in selecting the
talks. For example if there is no CFP submission on a certain topic
then we could still ask someone to come up with such a presentation.

There are also a number of presentation proposals that were made on
the wiki page after the normal CFP had already ended. We can also look
at those proposals when selecting the talks, though I would give
preference to the CFP submissions as they tend to be more complete
(summaries, speaker bio, etc.).

> Nevertheless I will hopefully be at the conference (as speaker or not) in
> October and meet all of you again!

Excellent, looking forward to meeting you again!

BR,

Jukka Zitting