lucene-general mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Boolean query with 50,000 clauses! Possible? Scalable?
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2009 16:32:31 GMT
Uwe Schindler wrote:
> Hi Dado,

Hi both.
I do not want to interfere, and if I do please let me know.
I am watching this thread, and spotted something in Uwe's answer below
that also interests me, and I believe is relevant to the matter at hand.

> In your case I would add this weight value also to the books index: e.g. in
> field name "author-weight" (and use the new NumericField from Lucene 2.9 for
> it, this value is then also denormalized). Author names are in "author-name"
> and so on. And then a simple NumericRangeQuery on this field.

If so, how does Lucene handle the case where a book has several authors,
each with a name, a weight, etc..
How does one keep them "in sync", so that if I search for books that
have an author with first name "Robert" and who weighs more than 100 Kg,
I do not hit the ones that have a combination like this :
author #1 : Einstein, Albert, 101 Kg
author #2 : McNamara, Robert, 075 Kg