lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject [ACUS09] IMPORTANT SPEAKER CONFIRMATION MESSAGE
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2009 22:02:42 GMT
If you're name is on the proposed scheduled (copied below), please
acknowledge/confirm that you are coming to AC and/or the Meetup and
are willing/interested to speak.

Please reply to the _general@lucene.apache.org_ list (even though I've
bcc'd many of you to make sure you get this) by Saturday, July 18th at
5 PM EDT with your confirmation.  If no response by then, we will
assume you are not interested in speaking and will remove you from the
list.  If you reply in private, I will forward your response to
general@.

Edits based on feedback.  I will add these to the wiki as the proposed
schedule once we have confirmations:

Proposed Schedule:

Day 1: (Thursday, I believe)
09:00 - 10:00 REGISTRATION

10:00 - 10:50 Session 1:  Intro to the Lucene Ecosystem.  We have 10
projects, let's intro them.  5 minutes per project.  (Grant)

10:50 - 11:15  BREAK

11:15 - 12:05 Session 2: Lucene Basics and New Features (Michael Busch)

12:05 - 13:30 LUNCH

13:30 - 14:20 Keynote Session

14:30 - 15:20 Session 3: Solr out of the Box (Hoss)

15:20 - 16:00 BREAK

16:00 - 16:50 Session 4:  Intro to Nutch (Andrzej? or other Nutch
committer?) or Business talk by Marc K. since no one on Nutch has
stepped up yet.

17:00 - 17:50 Session 5: Lucene and Solr Performance Tuning (Mark
Miller)

Day 2:
10:00 - 10:50 Session 1: Implementing an Information Retrieval
Framework for an Organizational Repository - Sithu D Sudarsan

10:50 - 11:15  BREAK

11:15 - 12:05 Session 2: Modeling "nature" for fun and profit: How
Mahout can help make more out of your data (Isabel Drost or other
Mahout committer)

12:05 - 13:30 LUNCH

13:30 - 14:20 Keynote Session

14:30 - 15:20 Session 3:   MIME Magic w/ Apache Tika (Jukka)

15:20 - 16:00 BREAK

16:00 - 16:50 Session 4: Building Intelligent Search Applications
using the Lucene Ecosystem (Ted Dunning)

17:00 - 17:50 Session 5:  Realtime Search - (Jason Rutherglen)

Backup Talks:

Open Source Search with Lucene in the Enterprise (Marc Krellenstein) -
Business talk
Solr Beyond the Box (Hoss)
Promote some of the meetup talks up

Meetup:

-. Food??????
-. Introduction and Icebreaker
-. Solr Flair: User interfaces powered by Apache Solr (20 mins) - Erik
Hatcher
-. Intro to Droids (20 mins) - Thorsten
-. Geo-spatial search with Lucene (Uwe Schindler)  (20 mins)
-. Intro to Katta (Stefan?) (20 mins)
-. Lightning Talks  (5 minutes a piece, first come, first served)
    - Open Relevance
    - Lucene Ports
    - Others
-. Social