lucene-general mailing list archives

From stx_gentoo <>
Subject Question on query
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2009 13:29:26 GMT

NOTE: I've read the documentation....but I am still a little confused.

I am passing some advanced queries to web service that is using lucene.

John AND Beth AND (Lucy OR Gary) AND NOT Frank AND NOT Paul

I am want to use "John"&&"Beth"&&("Lucy"||"Gary")!"Frank"!"Paul" and a few
other variations of this when I pass the query, but no success. I have no
problems using single queries, like the documentation...but no luck on
something more advanced.

I am not familiar with Lucene at all, and I just found out that I need to
interface with service that uses it...

Appreciate any assistance!
Sent from the Lucene - General mailing list archive at

View raw message