lucene-general mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Index Ratio
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 02:43:37 GMT
I was actually suggesting that you build synthetic documents so that you
know *exactly* that these documents exist and have known values for every
field.  Your test is good, but not comprehensive since it doesn't test every
field and one of the best ways to get a small index is to only index a few
fields with small values.