lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [APACHECON] Planning
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 18:18:43 GMT
No, there is not yet.  There are proposals that people put in for the
CFP and then there are the ones people put up on the Wiki

I think we need to decide how we are going to decide.  Prior to that,
though, we need a short blurb that gets people excited about attending.

On Jun 17, 2009, at 2:09 PM, Stefan Groschupf wrote:

> Hi Grant,
> sorry I lost track here, is there a list of excepted presentations
> somewhere?
> Stefan
>

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Hadoop training and consulting
> http://www.scaleunlimited.com
> http://www.101tec.com
>

> On Jun 17, 2009, at 8:42 AM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
>
>> Note, you may not have permission to view that page.  Sorry.  Not
>> my call.
>>
>> Also note that it is _MY_ understanding that airfare is no longer
>> covered as part of the speaker package.  Maybe others can confirm
>> this.  I'm not sure how this effects people's willingness to speak,
>> but it is a downer in my mind.  However, the ASF does have a Travel
>> Assistance Committee that people can apply to for assistance.  I
>> don't know the details of that.
>>

>> On Jun 17, 2009, at 10:42 AM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
>>
>>> OK, we've been alloted 2 days for Lucene:  http://wiki.apache.org/concom-planning/ParticipatingPmcs

>>> .  More later on info about the Calls for Presentations (CFPs)
>>>
>>> Now we need to figure out what we are going to do.
>>>
>>> Also, we need, asap, a description that satisfies:
>>> <snip>
>>> In order to get registration open ASAP, we need a promo-text for
>>> each
>>> track. If you're copied on this email, I'll be nagging you for a
>>> text
>>> for your project (listed below). If there's someone else I should
>>> nag
>>> instead, please let me know. If you know who I should be nagging for
>>> the last three tracks below, please let me know that too.
>>>
>>> What should the promo text look like? We need 150-200 words,
>>> explaining
>>> -what the track will cover (outline is fine, you don't need to have
>>> abstracts and bios if you're not ready for that),
>>> -who the intended audience is, and
>>> -why people will want to attend/what they'll get out of it.
>>>
>>> If you're planning something amazing, cool, new or exciting, we want
>>> some information about that. Is there going to be a panel discussion
>>> with some of the central project members telling people what to
>>> expect
>>> in the widely-anticipated next release? How about a hands-on
>>> masterclass with that really tricky part of the project that
>>> everyone
>>> has trouble with? Or everything you need to know to decide which
>>> technologies to use in which situations, and how to get the most out
>>> of your limited resources?
>>> </snip>

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/