lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject [APACHECON] Planning
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 14:42:23 GMT
OK, we've been alloted 2 days for Lucene:  http://wiki.apache.org/concom-planning/ParticipatingPmcs

.  More later on info about the Calls for Presentations (CFPs)

Now we need to figure out what we are going to do.

Also, we need, asap, a description that satisfies:
<snip>
In order to get registration open ASAP, we need a promo-text for each
track. If you're copied on this email, I'll be nagging you for a text
for your project (listed below). If there's someone else I should nag
instead, please let me know. If you know who I should be nagging for
the last three tracks below, please let me know that too.

What should the promo text look like? We need 150-200 words, explaining
-what the track will cover (outline is fine, you don't need to have
abstracts and bios if you're not ready for that),
-who the intended audience is, and
-why people will want to attend/what they'll get out of it.

If you're planning something amazing, cool, new or exciting, we want
some information about that. Is there going to be a panel discussion
with some of the central project members telling people what to expect
in the widely-anticipated next release? How about a hands-on
masterclass with that really tricky part of the project that everyone
has trouble with? Or everything you need to know to decide which
technologies to use in which situations, and how to get the most out
of your limited resources?
</snip>