lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [APACHECON] Planning
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 13:25:11 GMT
OK, here's a draft of a snippet for the planners of AC to go up on the
AC website.  This is due today.  It's at ~195 words right now, so if
you're editing, you will need to take away

<draft>

Apache Lucene is a robust and powerful, open source, search library
that powers search and discovery in thousands of websites and
applications ranging from large corporations like Apple Computer to
startups creating next generation intelligent applications.

Over the years, Lucene has grown beyond just a pure Java library into
a complete ecosystem of tools designed to help developers and
businesses solve critical information access problems.  Whether it’s
leveraging the power and simplicity of Apache Solr’s  search and
faceting capabilities or the large scale crawling features of Nutch,
chances are Lucene has a solution to meet your needs.  Moreover, with
the recent additions of Apache Tika (content extraction), Apache
Mahout (machine learning) and Apache Droids (crawling framework), as
well as ports of Lucene to languages like C, Python and .NET, it has
never been easier to build search capabilities into any application,
no matter the scale.

The Lucene Track at ApacheCon will feature a full slate of training,
talks and networking on the entire Lucene ecosystem.  A wide range of
talks will cover both the technical details and the business aspects
of Lucene.  Networking events will help connect you with the creators
of all the Lucene projects as well as other users.

</draft>