lucene-general mailing list archives

From Harsha1 <99harsha.h....@gmail.com>
Subject Catogarization is possible in Lucene?
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 12:14:08 GMT

Hi,
I went through the overview of Lucene and found its somewhat related to text
searching and other stuffs.

Please let me know if following can be done.

Suppose i have a paragraph,
This is test program. I have done this using regex and some other function
in groovy. But what I am looking is some kind of feature or template or
anything wherein I just mention the pattern in which i am interested in.
Based on the pattern mention groovy should automatically categorize the
fields.  Authors: Micheal Jackson, Daniel O Reily and Harsha.

Format we are looking at is,
TITLE: NAME1 NAME2 NAME3

In this case,
TITLE = Authors,
NAME1 = Micheal Jackson
NAME2 = Daniel O Reily
NAME3 = Harsha

Like this, When i pass some paragraph, these fields(TITLE: NAME1 NAME2
NAME3) categorized automatically. Is it possible? (I have done in java using
Regular expression, but we dont want to code from scratch, we want some
features from language will automatically do this. or with less code)