lucene-general mailing list archives

From pof <MelbourneBeerBa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Index Ratio
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 02:39:47 GMT

> Do retrievals work?  Are you sure that you are indexing all of the fields
> of
> interest?

Seems so, I have only done a hanfull of test but so far so good.

> Is maxDoc() plausible?

Yup.

> Do the term vectors for each field look right?

I wouldn't know how to go about that.

(it is also very helpful to have some test documents with extraordinary
values in key fields so that you can verify indexing and retrieval.  These
are called tracer bullets in some quarters and it is handy to have at least
one such tracer per input file.  You can also add corpus meta-data this way
(n documents for file f).  If you put a special field on these documents you
can include or exclude them from your retrievals with essentially no cost)

I have done this to a small extent (Search for a few unique terms like a one
off email address etc.) but I will give it more of a go.

Cheers. Brett.