lucene-general mailing list archives

From pof <MelbourneBeerBa...@gmail.com>
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 00:47:39 GMT

Hi, I just completed a batch test index of ~1100 documents of various file
types and I noticed that the original documents take up about 145MB but my
index is only 1.7MB?? I remember reading somewhere that the typical
compression rate is about 20-30% or something, but mine is a little over 1%!
I'm not complaining or anything It just struck me a odd especially as I have
a lot of archive files and emails with attachments that I parse as well. Has
anyone else experienced something like this, I'm just curious.

Cheers. Brett.