lucene-general mailing list archives

From zehua <bradjo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Question for top term frequency
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 21:33:53 GMT

Thanks for the reply.

The problem is that the number of global document maybe huge, for example
10,000.
If we returned all these doucments and find the top author using the term
frequency loop,
it can take longer time.

We are considering to use CustomScoreQuery. First parameter is the normal
query to match the result.
Second parameter is to use the Field "Author"'s frequency to increase the
score. So the results for
top authors will have higher score and returned. Does it makes sense?