lucene-general mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene.NET Integration
Date Tue, 26 May 2009 20:54:31 GMT
I think you might want to adopt the google convention of enclosing queries
that you are talking about in [ ] rather than "".

Are you saying that the query [abcd efgh] returns 100 and [efgh] return 50?
If so, this is expected behavior since the default operator is OR.

Or are you saying that the query ["abcd efgh"] (i.e. a phrase query) returns
more hits than ["efgh"] (which is equivalent to [efgh]).

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve