lucene-general mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Open Relevance Infrastucture Request
Date Tue, 26 May 2009 15:22:51 GMT
Plausible, but bitTorrent typically requires a pretty large number of peers
to get over difficulties in penetrating firewalls and finding live seeds.
It works great for the originally intended purpose of piracy or for other
highly popular items such as Linux kernel distribution, but not so well for
long-tail content like an IR data set.