lucene-general mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: benchmark contrib, wikipedia, publishing results
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 05:00:48 GMT
Regarding ORP and TREC and the nasty comments that somebody dropped onto
Otis blog, the OSHUMED collection is, I believe easily available without
difficulties or payment (I don't know about redistribution).

This collection is smallish, but can be used in a variety of interesting
ways for ad-hoc or routing evaluations.  For instance, the TREC-9 OSHUMED
routing task can be recast as a retrieval task by using category text as a
query.