lucene-general mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Open Relevance Project?
Date Mon, 11 May 2009 20:08:27 GMT
The standard technique for this is what is called "pooled relevance" where
all the results from all the search engines are combined into a pool for
judging.

In our case, we should probably make the pool dynamic so that tests on new
search engines will enlarge the pool.

Related to that, we should not pretend that we can measure recall for any
meaningful sized corpus.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve