lucene-general mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene rich-text search with returned hyperlinks
Date Mon, 11 May 2009 04:19:18 GMT
Yes.  This can be done using Lucene.

But, this is subject to a few liberal interpretations of what you asked
for.  To wit, I am assuming that you want to find interesting documents from
a bunch of documents, not just search a single document for matches.

The span queries that another poster mentioned would be good as would sloppy
phrase queries.

Depending on which European languages you need to handle, there may be some
work you need to do to deal with morphological analysis.  Lucene has
reasonable support for English and somewhat more rudimentary support for a
few other European languages.  Support for Asian languages is very basic at
best.