lucene-general mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Open Relevance Project?
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 03:25:29 GMT

I agree!  A a matter of fact, that is exactly what I just wrote here:
http://www.jroller.com/otis/entry/followup_open_relevance_project#comment-1242703187000

"....For example, couldn't a vendor use it to compare old implementation to
new implementation and provide some kind of metric showing improvements
in new version?...."

The first "vendor" in ORP's case might be Lucene.  My hope would be that others could and
would take what ORP builds and apply it to their implementations.  My next wish after that
would be to see others publish the results.  But, I think we'll never see any results from
commercial vendors - I have a feeling they don't have much to gain by exposing their results
to the competition and to the public.

Otis